Sunday, February 1, 2015

Beyond All Dreams: A Review

I will begin my review by stating that I love Elizabeth Camden's novels!  She is a superb writer, and Beyond All Dreams was certainly no disappointment.  The historical fiction genre is a personal favorite, and I was thrilled to receive her newest title    As a former library employee and lover of all things literature, this book was a balm to my soul.  It beautifully mixes history, intrigue, romance, strength, faith, and integrity.  Really, does it get any better than this?  As usual, Camden's female characters are no wimps.  These are strong women with strong faith.  The main female character in this novel is no exception.  With a tragic disability, the reader is quickly drawn to stand up for the defenseless, yet the beauty of forgiveness and redemption interwoven throughout is faith-affirming. 

If you are a reader that is intrigued with early American History, loves reading, loves libraries, and desires to read a novel that glorifies God, look no further.  This is a lovely book with such depth.  I really must add visiting the Library of Congress to my bucket list.  And this book is a reminder of the fragility and beauty of the human soul that God longs to heal for his glory!  Thank you, Elizabeth, for yet another beautiful novel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment