Sunday, January 4, 2015

The Patmos Deception: A Review

I admit from the beginning that I am a huge fan of T. Davis Bunn.  I have been waiting to read this
particular title.  This is a fast moving, suspense-filled, historical treatment of Patmos, John, and the book of Revelation that collides with modern intrigue.  I finished this book in less than 2 days, and I was completely engaged the entirety of the novel. 

A quick synopsis:  two lifelong friends reunite across the world to work on different fronts to help solve a case of art theft.  They meet up with characters in complicated economic situations that find themselves in places they may never have found themselves had they been part of a stable economy.  There are beautiful glimpses of faith throughout this book, many complications (both personal and international), well-shaping of each character, and light romance. 

I am hoping that there is a sequel for this book.  It truly was fantastic, but I felt the novel left with an open door for more, which I will gladly read! 

No comments:

Post a Comment