Sunday, January 12, 2014

Keeping it Real . . . or some other similar cliche . . .

I find it so difficult to limit the amount of service projects I complete in a given year.  As time passes, I find more and more beautiful projects to participate in, and I feel more and more immobilized.  I need to rally the forces and quickly!  My major passions are:

Little Dresses for Africa--pillowcase dresses, shorts for boys, and the newest addition--menstrual cloths for girls.

Project Linus

and now . . . . . Sole Hope! 

I am overwhelmed and find that the more I get involved, the more God lays on my heart to do.  I am certainly not an expert seamstress/knitter/crocheter, but I can do what needs to be done, and hopefully develop skills even further to the glory of God.

I want to challenge you to be involved.  Can't sew??  No problem!  Come and cut out patterns and iron fabric. 

As the year progresses, I will be listing service project goals and dates for us to work on and issuing the call to gather and craft.  It will be awesome, and I can hardly wait for the adventure to begin. 

Lets start crafting hope for others TODAY!

www.littledressesforafrica.org
www.projectlinus.org
www.solehope.com

I know it can seem overwhelming, but that's what we are here for, right??  To help each other out on this little planet.  God gifted us with the ability to participate in redemption and mercy through what he has already given us.  Don't hoard it--share it!







No comments:

Post a Comment