Thursday, February 2, 2012
My Crochet Top 10 List
The book resources I will be listing can be found at most libraries as well.
1. Best Learn to Crochet Manual:
"The Happy Hooker" by Debbie Stoller
2. Best Crochet Resource Books:
"The Complete Photo Guide to Crochet"
"The Crochet Answers Book"
3. Best Crochet Stitch Guide(s):
"The Harmony Guides: Crochet Stitches" by Interweave. This is a 3-volume set, including basic stitches, edgings, and motifs. It has the best photos AND it includes crochet cables.
4. Best Crochet Hooks:
Etimo "Tulip" Crochet Hook Set and Steel Hook Set
5. Best Natural Fiber Yarn Found at a Craft Store:
Debbie Stoller's "Stitch Nation" line. Comes in Alpaca blend, wool, washable wool, and bamboo/wool blend. The colors are stunning as well.
6. Best Cotton Yarn Found at a Craft Store:
Regular: "I Love this Cotton!" yarn (Hobby Lobby)
Mercerized: Paton's "Grace"
7. Best Acryllic Yarn Found at a Craft Store:
Red Heart Soft is my new favorite acryllic. I have never liked Red Heart until they came out with this yarn.
8. Best On-line Yarn Store for Natural Fibers Namebrand:
Jimmy Beans Wool
9. Best On-line Yarn Store for Natural Fibers:
10. Best Source for Free Crochet Patterns and PDF Store:
There you have it! These are my faves, so there are lots of different opinions out there. I reference the first 3 books constantly, so those are pretty much my "must-have-no-matter-what/all-you-will-ever-need" titles. If you can ONLY afford one, go for the "Crochet Answer Book", which is about $10 on-line.